Want to Catch Up with Fashion News? Here you go!
- Alexander Wang was awarded $90 million in a counterfeiting case. But, he might not see a dime.
- Grindr launched a sportswear line. It might sound odd, but their foray into fashion supports a great cause.
- Macy’s is closing 100 stores. Related: 44K retail jobs have been cut this year so far.
- In a “is this real life?” story, the mayor of Cannes banned burkinis.
- Under Armour went on a hiring spree of epic proportions. Plus, they backed Michael Phelps who won approximately 276 gold medals this summer in Rio. They also made a dope commercial:
- It’s back to school time! Are you getting your first day outfit in order? (Or, are you indulging in the feeling of “back to school cool” even if you are way past that time in life?) The Atlantic discusses the science behind “dress for success” and why retailers want to push the concept of purchasing new apparel at the start of the school year.
Want to hear more about these stories? Hop on over to Pop Fashion podcast where we do a deep dive into these stories and more fashion drama from this week! (Or just push play below!)