Fashion News from This Week!
Here are the top fashion stories that have me buzzing this week!
- Kanye paid how much for that t-shirt? After Kanye got his brag on about earning $1M in 2 days with his Life of Pablo pop-up, High Snobiety decided to look into the cost of making all that swag. The bottom line: Mr. West is jacking up prices. But, Kanye warned us about spending early on:
Poignant “All Falls Down” lyrics: “I want to act ballerific like it’s all terrific / I got a couple past-due bills, I won’t get specific / I got a problem with spending before I get it.”
OMG – do you guys REMEMBER the genius that was College Dropout? It’s still flippin’ amazing. I may have to dip to listen to that album again…
(The whole album is here on YouTube if you would like to partake.)
76 minutes and 13 seconds later….
- A K-Beauty scandal is happening in Korea. Racked did some digging and found that those adorable sheet masks are being HAND FOLDED by women who are making too little money. (Bangs head on wall.)
- Barneys New York is selling these “distressed” shoes by Golden Goose for $600. If you have enough money to buy this ridiculousness, can you go ahead and fund Pop Fashion? Cause you don’t know what to do with your money, but I can help.
- In other news, Amazon is cracking down on counterfeiting. (This is after Birkenstock said, “Boy, Bye,” to Amazon.) If you are a 3rd party who wants to sell on the site you are going to have to pay up.
- Did you know that the FDA doesn’t regulate the cosmetics industry? It’s the Wild Wild West when it comes to shampoo, deodorant, foundation, lipstick, etc. An article by the New York Times explains how Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Susan Collins (R-ME) want to get the FDA more involved. But, can it happen in an election year?
- The birkini ban was overturned in France! Yeah! Oh, but wait, it gets worse. 30 towns in France are still imposing the ban, even though it was overturned. And, it gets worse. Prime Minister Manual Valls is all like, “well, let’s just keep the ban, aight?” And, could it get worse? Sure it could. 64% of the French people support the ban.
Want to hear more? Hop over to Pop Fashion podcast where we do a deep dive into these stories and more fashion drama from this week! (Or, just push play below!)